Hosted By and Produced By: Merle Cox
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 20:22 — 46.8MB)
Gun Safety. Lets discuss several rules you need to follow when using or storing a gun.
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction – A safe direction depends on your environment.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use – Ask yourself, are you ready to use this gun?
- Know your target and what is behind it – You need to be aware of your backstop and what is beyond it.
- You need to ensure your gun is safe to operate – Read the manual, make sure it works properly. Guns are mechanical and mechanical devices fail!
- Know how to use your gun – Be sure you know how to utilize the safety features of your gun. Know how to load and unload, know how the gun works.
- Utilize the proper ammunition for your gun – There are a plethora of different types of ammunition out there. Some look very similar.
- Wear the appropriate safety equipment – Always utilize eye and ear protection.
- NEVER use alcohol or drugs before or while you are operating a gun.
- Be aware that certain types of guns and certain types of shooting activities require additional safety precautions.
NRA Safety Rules – https://training.nra.org/nra-gun-safety-rules.aspx
Different type of ammunition – https://ammofever.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/1400px-Ammo.jpg